Divorce is a disturbing phase in a life of an individual. It is an emotional roller coaster that will take you by surprise, so it’s important for you to be prepared. As men, you need to handle yourself at every step of Divorce and good advice will prepare you to face the challenges involved in it such as:
- Handling the Divorce process
- Managing Financial Cost
- Making the transition easier for your children
Though it is a mutual decision or a forced one, the effects of divorce adversely affect the personal and professional life of a person. Divorce is a legal ending of the proceeding of marriage which is a result of love, care, and commitment between two people. Thus, breaking up such union is always painful. Though divorce affects both sides, men are considered to be in an unfavorable position as the sympathy of a society always goes with a woman. Divorce advice for men is useful to make the spouses aware of the techniques to come out of unfortunate incidences of injustice.
The traditional role of a Male in a Family System
The men are regarded as substantial support of a family. Their main responsibility is to provide enough finance to sustain a family. They were always look up to as a strong and sturdy side of a family. So, traditionally males are not allowed to be in a position to take care of children or raise them.
Also read- How to Get a Divorce
The Feminist Side of Divorce
As mentioned above, men are not supposed to look after home in a traditional sense. But, women are responsible for the daily chore and all the duties regarding children. So, while divorcing, a woman is to get natural sympathy from the law and society. Also, because of the sensitive and emotional image of her nature, women are on the better side of a settlement when it comes to child custody. This definitely brings disadvantages for men. Therefore, to turn the position and likely result of a divorce on your side, there are some tips that can be used by men who are approaching a divorce.
The process of Divorce can go through the following phases and they bring many challenges.
- Hiring an attorney or Lawyer
- Filing a petition for divorce
- Serving the notice to your Wife
- Hearing and Court Proceedings
- Divorce Orders
Challenges for Men in Getting a Divorce
- Communicating with The Attorney
- Communication with Your Spouse
- Keeping Contacts with Children
- The emotional cost of Divorce
- Financial cost Of Divorce
- Tips on how to get through the difficult time after your marriage have ended
- Ways to rebuild yourself as an individual post-divorce
Divorce Advice for Men While Facing Challenges:
Divorce is a decision that many people take every year. It’s not often easy for either party involved, and it can be both emotionally and financially taxing. In order to prepare for the costs of divorce, there are some steps you should take before even deciding to get divorced:
Communication with lawyers:
- A lawyer is a person who has the responsibility to represent a client in court. So, if you are planning for divorce, make sure that you communicate with a lawyer about everything related to your case.
- It is important to give a clear and true idea about every minute detail of your case without hiding a single clue. That will help them to prepare their case and put in in a strong position before the court.
Correspondence with Your Spouse:
- Even if you find it difficult to keep in contact with your to be ex-spouse, it is necessary to have considerable control over the divorce terms. If you act impulsively or aggressively, you might end up losing a divorce case. Therefore, try to be convincing and responsible while discussing the matters with your wife.
Also Read- A Guide to Different Types Of Divorces
Keeping Contacts with children:
- It is observed that the women are on the advantageous side when it comes to child custody. Though many fathers share good relations with kids and hold a vital part in their upbringing, the court is more sympathetic towards mothers.
- So, it is necessary to prove that you can be trusted for raising children and their overall development. You need to have constant communication with children in order to keep them in a less suffering position.
- Take advice from a lawyer and try immediately for temporary custody of children. That will improve your ability to claim permanent child custody.
In case of a child visitation provision, ensure that you spend quality time with children and convince the court for awarding custody to you.
The emotional cost of Divorce:
- Generally, women get essential support and care from family members and friends when they face the pressures and tensions of a divorce. Men tend to get alienated or separated from society.
- Therefore, men should arrange for a support network through their acquaintances and friends to get emotional support and help. You can also opt for the training programs on coping with a divorce that is run by various institutions.
Financial cost Of Divorce:
- A divorce brings a lot of expenses with it in the form of petition fees, lawyer fees, and other payments. Also, if you are required to pay alimony that is economical support to your spouse and child support, the financial planning will tremble because of these unexpected expenses.
- So, it is advisable to manage your financial resources in such a way as to provide you best results within a short time. You can consult a financial advisor and ask him to do it for you. Try to avoid wastage of money by contesting for a long time in the court. Uncontested or mediated divorce is much more cheaper and effective than a contested divorce.
Ways to rebuild yourself as an individual post-divorce:
- It is essential to work on your priorities and requirements that will change after divorce. Divorce is a turning point in your life that you will have to handle positively. Think about making a fresh start after divorce. Plan for a life that will help you to come out of a sad phase and revive your energy.
Divorce advice for men can be a source of useful and important information. It is equally vital to implement the things that you learn from such resources.